We can customize your pet’s medication according to his or her size and discriminating taste. We can even make traditional dosage forms into more easily administrated forms like transdermal creams or tasty chews. Whatever your pet medications requirements are, bring it to us.
Examples of custom-made veterinary medications and dosage forms:
- Sugar-free medications for diabetic pets
- Transdermal anti-motion sickness medicine that can be applied to the ear
- Hard-to-find medicines for urinary incontinence
- Protective medicated coatings for wounds or stitches (coatings which are difficult to lick off).
- Concentrated solutions for birds and reptiles and much more
The goal of compounding for the veterinary patient is to enhance the veterinarian’s ability to treat patients in a more effective and efficient manner. Compounding can make medicating animals easier if the pharmacist prepares flavored chews that animals accept readily. Furthermore, the amount of medication incorporated into the chews, capsules, [topical or transdermal], or liquid preparations can be formulated to the specific request of the veterinarian, thereby eliminating the need to cut-up tablets and divide the contents of commercially prepared capsules.