What is compounding?
Compounding pharmacy is the creation of a particular pharmaceutical product to fit the unique needs of a patient by combining or processing appropriate ingredients using various tools. We are inspired by the traditional art of Apothecary where medications were made by the pharmacists. We use the latest technology in western medicine and pharmaceutical industry to create an individualized drug therapy for our patients by compounding their medications. We will work closely with your physician to reach an optimized drug therapy.
Why compound your medication?
- A compound medication is made and formulated based on individual needs, age, weight and medical history of a patient
- Compounded medications can also be used by those individuals who are unable to use oral medications or prefer a different route of administration such as liquid, topical (creams, ointments, and topical gels), suppositories, sublingual drops, sprays, torches or lozenges
- A compound medication can also be used to enhance the delivery method or taste of a medication
- A compound medication can be used to eliminate preservatives, harmful dyes and colors, additives found in commercialized products, alcohol, or sugar
- Provide medications that are no longer available or have been discontinued by the manufactures