You have invested so much in planning the perfect trip for vacation or work – make sure that you are healthy as you travel! Health travel allows you to make the most of your time away! Many destinations require some medical planning ahead. For some destinations, only a vaccine is needed. Other travels require meds to prevent illness, such as malaria. Before you travel is also a great time to ensure that you are current on all your routine adult vaccines.
Medcompounders Pharmacy, Inc. is a complete travel clinic located in Long Beach, CA. Our pharmacists are travel medicine experts! We will review your travel itinerary, prescribe meds and give vaccines necessary for safe travel. Our providers are seasoned world travelers who will prepare you for a safe and healthy trip. No need to make multiple stops when you can get all of your meds, vaccines and travel advice in one easy visit!
Travelers may receive meds, vaccines and advise from us for:
- Preventing malaria
- Treating traveler’s diarrhea
- All vaccines
- Routine infections
- Nausea and motion sickness
- Altitude sickness
- We work with many local employers and corporations to set up customized travel services. Call us if you have work related international travel!
- Busy work schedule? No time to visit the clinic? Inquire about our concierge travel services at no additional costs. After a quick phone interview, we come to you with all your vaccines and medications for safe travel.
- To schedule an appointment or for more info, please call 562-427-1999 or email email@example.com
- For a faster visit, email your form in ahead.
- Discounted visit fees apply for two or more people with the same travel itinerary!
Travel Clinic Services
Medcompounders Pharmacy, Inc.Travel Clinic provides all the meds you need to travel safely. We will review your entire travel plan to determine which meds and vaccines are important for safe travel. Patients can get all the necessary travel meds and vaccines from our pharmacy.
When traveling to areas of the world where malaria risk is high, you may need to take an antibiotic to prevent getting malaria from mosquito bites. Our clinic will be able to review where you will travel, your travel activities, and prescribe the best medications for you.
For more information visits the CDC Malaria Website
Travel may require vaccines to prevent illnesses such as meningitis. Other vaccines are recommended to protect you from getting sick from diseases in other parts of the world. Also, vaccines can prevent travelers from spreading these diseases or bringing them back home. Our pharmacists will recommend and provide the proper vaccinations for your upcoming trip.
Medcompounders Pharmacy, Inc. provides the following vaccines:
- Typhoid (oral vaccine and injection)
- Hepatitis A and B
- Seasonal Flu
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- Chicken Pox
- Shingles (Zoster)
For more information visit the CDC Traveler’s Vaccine Website
Traveler’s Diarrhea Medication
No one wants to be stuck in the bathroom instead of traveling and enjoying the beautiful surroundings of an international trip. Traveling with medications that can treat traveler’s diarrhea at the first symptoms can help!
For more information visit the CDC Traveler’s Diarrhea Website
Motion Sickness Medication
All too often, travel includes plane flights or boat trips that do not sit well with many people. Travelers can carry meds to prevent or treat motion sickness! This is the key to enjoying the journey to your destination!
For more info please contact our pharmacy
Altitude Sickness Medication
Going to the top of the world?! Climbing a mountain?! Don’t let altitude sickness, nausea, headache or sleeplessness get you down. Our travel medicine experts can provide you with meds and advice to speed your adjustment to higher altitudes.